Common problems of down jackets
1. What are the tips for judging whether down jackets are good or bad?
In the most direct way, you have to touch it, squeeze it by hand, the down is very soft and soft pressed together, it becomes very small and thin.
2. How to solve the problem of running down of down jackets?
The first point is that if you encounter a down jacket that has just been bought, and it breaks down at the same time, it is recommended to return it.
The second point is that if the down jacket has runoff after a period of time, and it was purchased at a high price, it is recommended to take a professional maintenance shop to repair it.
The third point is that down jackets with slightly runny hair can also be handled by themselves. Just dip a little transparent nail polish and apply it to the gap between the stitches of the down jacket and wait for the nail polish to dry.
The fourth point is that for down jackets with light and thin fabrics, you can sew a lining to effectively prevent the down jackets from getting fluffy.
3. How many years can the down jacket be used?
It can be worn for years if properly maintained.
Down jackets are almost the same, mainly depending on the content of the filling, as long as the style is not out of date, you can wear it for a long time.
4. What hair is in the down jacket?
The most common fillers in down jackets are goose down and duck down. It can be divided into white velvet and gray velvet.
In terms of price, the down jackets on the market are in the following order: white goose down>grey goose down>white duck down>grey duck down.
5. What is the main material of the down jacket?
The materials of down jackets are mainly down and coated fabrics.
6. How to see the down content of the down jacket?
Just check the down content on the down jacket label.
Down content refers to the proportion of down in the down, expressed as a percentage. The down content of outdoor down jackets is more than 80%. This data shows that the down content is 80% and feathers account for 20%. Here we can see that there are many kinds of fillings for down jackets. The fillings of down jackets duck down and goose down, and these two types can be divided into gray down and white down according to different colors.
7. Can down jackets be washed?
Down jackets can be washed with water, dried in a ventilated place, and cannot be exposed to the sun or baked.
8. How to maintain and store down jackets?
First, avoid burns when wearing down jackets. Because the fabrics of down jackets are mostly made of cotton and other chemical fiber materials, these materials have low heat resistance and are easy to deform. And once it is damaged, it is easy to burrow, which is a big headache. So be sure to avoid hot chimneys, cigarette butts, fireworks, and other scattered objects to avoid burns and deformation.
Second, use warm water of about 30° to clean down jackets. The concentration of washing powder should below. It is best to use neutral detergent and never wring it out. You should squeeze out the water in the down jackets and then lay them flat or hang them to dry.
Third, the down jacket should not be exposed to the sun. Not only the fabric of the down jacket after exposure is easy to fade, but more importantly, these materials will age and lose their warmth when exposed to the sun.
Fourth, do not wash frequently. Down strength is very poor. Frequent washing will crush and clump down, which reduces the warmth retention of the down jacket.
Fifth, after the down jacket, is washed and dried, lightly pat the down jacket to make it naturally fluffy, so that it is very warm and comfortable to wear.
Sixth, leaving in the cold winter, the best way to store down jackets is to pack them in a ventilated sorting bag or cloth bag, put a camphor ball, and then hang it in a dry and ventilated wardrobe or place it on the top layer. It is best not to press too many heavy objects or other clothes on the down jacket.
9. What are the advantages of down jackets?
1. Lightweight: a top with nylon spinning as surface fabric and down as filling top. The total weight is between 500-1000 grams, which is 1/6 to 1/2 of the weight of other winter clothes.
2. Soft texture: The down is soft, it is used as cloth material for clothes, and it is comfortable to wear.
3. Good warmth retention: the phenomenon of fiber compaction is not easy to occur, the structure and characteristics of the down itself can capture a lot of air, and more irregular (and less easy to flow) spaces are formed between the down, which is very suitable for the need for warmth. Physical properties.
10. How to choose the size of the down jacket?
1. Measure your own measurements.
2. When choosing, the size can be determined according to the elasticity of the clothes. The size of non-elastic materials must be strictly selected, and the size requirements can be appropriately relaxed for those with elasticity!
3. Remember not to buy according to the size you usually wear. For down jackets, clothes should be one size larger.
11. What are the index requirements for down jackets?
1. Down filling amount: Down filling amount is not an indicator of down quality, it refers to the weight of all down fillings in down jackets. Generally speaking, the amount of cashmere in an outdoor down jacket is about 250-450 grams, depending on the target design.
2. Down content: Down content is the proportion of down, generally expressed as a percentage. The down jacket content of outdoor down jackets is generally above 80%. The surface of these data is 80% cashmere and 20% feathers.
3. Fluffy: Fluffy is an important indicator of the warmth of the down. If the space occupied by one ounce of the drop is 600 cubic inches, then the volume of feathers is said to be 600. The higher the fluffiness of the down, the lower the amount of air used to hold and heat the down, so the warmer the down is better.